Clubmark was introduced in 2002 by Sport England to:
- Ensure that accrediting partners apply core common criteria to ensure that consistent good practice and minimum operating standards are delivered through all club development and accreditation schemes.
- To empower parent(s)/carer(s) when choosing a club for their children.
- To ensure that Clubmark accredited clubs are recognised through a common approach to branding.
- To provide a focus buy phentermine online cod around which all organisations involved in sport can come together to support good practice in sports clubs working with children and young people.
Clubmark accreditation is awarded to clubs that comply with minimum operating standards in four areas:
- The playing programme
- Duty of care and child protection
- Sports equity and ethics
- Club management