Return to Training in a Covid Secure Environment – Consent Form
Published: 23 September 2020
Many of you are now back at training, and some of you have even managed to get some competition under your belts this summer. Well done to everyone who has kept up their training, and a huge thank you to the coaches who have kept small groups going throughout most of the last 3 or 4 months.
The next stage of our return to a more normal training regime is now ready. We accept that the Government advice is changing rapidly, and things may yet take a further turn for the worse, leading to a scaling back of training, but right now Horspath Track has become a Covid Secure venue. In order for this to happen we have taken or are taking the following steps:
- ATHLETES AND COACHES MUST CONTINUE TO REMAIN SOCIALLY DISTANCED AT ALL TIMES. THIS IS VITAL.
- There is a new limit of 80 athletes able to use the track simultaneously, provided they remain in socially distanced groups.
- Coaches may now take up to 12 athletes each, though many will remain below this upper limit for now. Coaches will be taking a register at every session, and this register will enable us to trace those using the track. It is vital that you let your coach know whenever you attend training.
- It is absolutely essential that you do not attend training if you or any member of your household is displaying symptoms, or if you have been asked to self-isolate.
- The toilets and common areas have been subjected to a deep clean, and will be cleaned daily, and sprayed daily with a strong anti-viral disinfectant.
- Equipment can now be used again – mats, balls, hurdles, etc – but must be cleaned after use, and are being sprayed with the same disinfectant at the end of every session. There is a plentiful supply of cleaning materials and paper towels at the track.
- Hand sanitizer is now available throughout the venue
- Athletes and visitors must comply with a new Covid Code of Conduct, the link for which is found below. Before attending Horspath you must go online and sign the online consent form to show that you have read and understood the Code (you only have to do this once, not before every visit).
- Monitors (club volunteers) will be keeping equipment and toilets sterile during training and afterwards, and will also conduct occasional checks on temperatures, as well as observing training for compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- We have done a comprehensive risk assessment for training at the track.
If there is regular or widespread disregard for the Code of Conduct then we shall have no alternative but to close the facility altogether rather than risk the spread of Covid virus at Horspath. But with everybody’s cooperation there is no reason why we should not be able to maintain a Covid Secure environment.
The track is now Covid Secure, so these arrangements can come into play as soon as your coach confirms that he/she is willing to continue with or accept you back to training.
The present booking system will cease at midnight on September 30th, after which the new system of track passes begins. From October 1st 2020 you must have a valid track pass whenever you train at Horspath. This is an essential part of making and keeping Horspath Covid Secure. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have obtained the correct pass before you arrive for training. Passes can be purchased here: Purchase Track Training Pass
COVID CODE OF CONDUCT