OCAC Virtual Track and Field Champs 2020
Published: 24 May 2020
Virtual Track and Field Champs
We would like to invite all junior athletes to participate in a virtual track and field competition.
Age groups: U11–U20
Competition dates: 23rd May–6th June
Entry forms are not required, but results must be submitted by midnight on 6th June 2020.
Admission: Free of charge.
Scoring: Points will be awarded for each event completed and results achieved.
Prizes: Prize winners in each age group will receive a Fit to Run voucher.
Location: Whist you cannot come to the track you should be able to complete these athletic challenges in your garden, on your driveway or in a local park.
You may complete the challenges either with family members or with one non-family member. Athletes must follow current government guidance regarding Covid-19 and observe social distancing.
Please send your best (highest, fastest, longest) scores plus some video evidence to your virtual team manager:
U9/U11s Sam Jonkers: firstname.lastname@example.org
U13 Girls Phil Gray: email@example.com
U13 Boys Amy Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
U15 Girls Debbi Carter: email@example.com
U15 Boys Popsie Wootten: firstname.lastname@example.org
U17/U20 Men Gareth Davies: email@example.com
U17/U20 Women Katie Sutcliffe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seniors – Richard Hart: email@example.com
- Standing Long Jump: A two-footed to two-footed jump. Start behind a line, measure to the back of the heel/body part nearest to the start line (i.e., if feet are separate, take the shortest distance).
- Standing Triple Jump: Start behind a line, hop (1 leg to same 1 leg), step (1 leg onto opposite 1 leg), jump (1 leg to 2 leg landing) and measure to the back of the heel/body part nearest to the start line (i.e., if feet are separate take the shortest distance). The hop, step, jump must be continuous with no extra steps or run ups.
- 10 m x 10 m Shuttle Run: Set two markers 10 m apart. Time how long it takes you to run 10 lengths. Complete as fast as you can. Foot must touch/pass the marker at each end.
- Toilet Roll Vertical Jump: A two-footed to two-footed jump. Stack your toilet rolls in front of you in a tower. Jump over the top of the tower. Start in a stationary two-footed stance and land on two feet. See how many rolls you can clear!
- Chest Push Throw: Use a standard size 4 or 5 football / netball. Complete a standing, two-handed throw from your chest and mark where it first hits the floor.
- Speed Bounce: Roll up a bath towel and place it on the floor. Stand with both feet to one side of the towel. Ask a friend/parent to time 30 seconds and see how many two-footed jumps over the towel you can complete. Take off and land on both feet.
- Backwards Overhead Heave Throw: Use a standard size 4 or 5 football. Complete a standing, two-handed throw. Start with ball between your legs and throw backwards over your head. Mark where it first hits the floor.