- This event has passed.
Headington 5 Mile Open Road Race
August 28 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Headington 5 mile race is taking place on Sunday 28th August and starts at 9:30 am.
Entries are now open on Run Britain: click here to enter.
The race is a fast five-mile loop. It starts and finishes in Boults Lane recreation ground, approximately 400 metres from the Race HQ, and takes in the Northern bypass and the Marston Ferry Road. It is largely free of traffic:
- Fast flat course with PB potential
- Suitable for all abilities – time limit 75 minutes
- Oxfordshire County Championship
- Oxfordshire Grand Prix race
- Chip timing
- Entries on the day if limit of 500 has not been reached.
- No refunds, but entries can be transferred to another runner up to 26 August
- Technical t-shirts for all finishers
- Proceeds donated to OXSRAD, Oxford’s integrated Sports Centre, a unique sport and recreation centre that is accessible to both the able and the disabled
- The race will be run under UKA rules.
Individual PrizesPrizes for first man and first lady, 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in each age category: Senior men, VM40, VM50, VM60 and VM70+; Senior ladies, VL35, VL45, VL55, VL65+
Prizes to the fastest men’s and women’s teams from an EA-affiliated running club.
Spot PrizesDon’t worry if you don’t finish first, we have a selection of prizes to give out at random to several lucky finishers! Every finisher will get a quality technical race t-shirt.
Race HeadquartersRace HQ is the OXSRAD Sports Centre, Court Place Farm, Marsh Lane, Marston, Oxford OX3 0NQ
Mrs Niamh Simpson : [email protected]